Vice President, Group Director, Media
DigitasLBi is a global marketing and technology agency that transforms businesses for the digital age. We help companies of all shapes and sizes decide What’s Next … and then we take them there. Across 40 offices in 25 countries around the world we have more than 6,000 digital experts working to enrich people’s lives via our unique blend of strategy, creativity, media and technology.
Our skills and passions span insight, brand building, content creation and distribution, as well as the ability to help brands embrace the creative and technological change that is revolutionizing their businesses. We act as strategic partner to some of the world’s most exciting companies across a wide range of industries including FMCG, financial services, publishing, retail, telecoms and travel. There are many things that make DigitasLBi unique but if we had to choose one it would be our ability to connect data with storytelling to help make brands special, shareable and more ultimately valuable wherever, whenever and however people choose to engage with them.
We’re searching for a Vice President, Group Director, Media to drive that transformation – someone known for stellar media, marketing and management skills. Sound like you? Read on. You’ll lead the troops in driving integrated media solutions across multiple clients, with direct responsibility for management within the Media group on key accounts and for the team overall.
Day to day, tasks and responsibilities include:
- Leading and managing multiple work streams of client business, serving as the primary contact to articulate the DigitasLBi view on media strategy and business philosophies – you’ll be clients most trusted media advisor, inspiring them with your media knowledge and ideas
- Developing smart, insight-driven strategy and well-articulated media plans to meet clients’ marketing objectives, as well as overseeing the subsequent negotiation, implementation and performance analysis
- Becoming a core member within the Boston media leadership team, responsible for the stewardship of the capabilities’ principles and vision, and providing relevant, timely digital media expertise – both within the capability and within the region
- Collaborating with account, creative and measurement teams to ensure that media plans and creative/measurement work are strategically aligned, client needs are met and DigitasLBi’s quality levels are upheld
- Assuming a substantial role on the core client team(s) to identify issues, develop new business opportunities with existing clients, and assist in development of new client relationships
- Driving innovation within the office, by demonstrating a fluency in the evolving media landscape (data, technology, and industry trends) and applying new ways of thinking to our clients’ business
- Developing the skills of people within the team by coaching, identifying areas for growth, celebrating successes, managing the promotion process, identifying training opportunities – and keeping dialogue open throughout
- Willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
To qualify, you’ll need::
- A four year college education (and ideally a master’s degree, too), plus 12 or more years of agency or relevant experience – including eight years of effective staff management and team leadership experience
- Expertise in the digital world and a masterful understanding of media planning, negotiation, implementation, and performance analysis – plus a firm grasp on interactive media, its channels and pricing models
- Proven leadership ability and strong, impactful client relationship experience
- Stellar communication skills: You’re articulate, poised, straightforward – and, above all, you’re thoughtful & kind
- Strong time management and problem-solving skills – you’re a skillful diplomat and a master at finding solutions that are both effective and efficient
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills – you’re engaging, inspiring and powerfully convincing
Got the goods? We’d love to hear from you.
DigitasLBi is an equal opportunity employer.