Manager, Global Media Measurement, Analytics, and Attribution Innovation
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
To help with this, we're looking for an outstanding Manager, Global Media Measurement, Analytics, and Attribution Innovation for a Global Media externship.
The American Express 'externship' is a unique role on the American Express team. While the skill set is the same as what is required within the agency, the job is located at American Express' New York Head Quarters and will report into the VP of Global Media & Measurement on the Global Advertising & Brand Management (GABM) team. This role is offered for 12 months during which time the candidate will function as a contracted American Express employee.
The Extern will function as an extension of the Amex client team, and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of campaigns for the Global Media Team, working to implement the brand's overall media measurement strategy in the context of changing marketplace conditions and opportunities. The successful candidate will be able to work quickly, think on their feet, act entrepreneurially and collaborate effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Measurement Plan: Collaborate with agency partners to develop and maintain strategic & tactical media measurement and analytics plans
- Individual Campaign KPIs: Responsible for drafting project deliverables, understanding data needs for measurement solutions, aligning with cross-functional partners on KPIs for success and ensuring projects to completion
- Data Strategy: Design and execute approach to ingesting and activating the right data for various media and creative executions across all channels
- Insights: Uncover insights about customers using first, second and third party behavioral data
- Analytics: measure ROI of investment in data and demonstrate ongoing performance and cost savings
- Tech Integrations: Support Ad Servers and Data Management Platform from implementation, data collection, QA through reporting. Understand all aspects of tagging and media trafficking and data collection for media analytics
- Road-show recommendations to internal teams to gain alignment, and liaise with internal stakeholders across business units and GABM
- Manage day-to-day correspondence and campaign development, ensuring media delivers on business needs and timely execution of campaigns
- Deliver media analytics thought leadership and drive innovation as a "subject matter expert" in measurement
a. Authors and present best practices, POVs, and strategic planning guidelines to senior leadership and business unit partners while successfully influencing strategy
b. Help develop and analyze campaign performance metrics
- Partner with the agency teams on specific projects as needed (e.g. POVs, performance reports, measurement plans, decks, ad-hoc requests)
- Act as a measurement consultant to various teams within the organization; Education on the role of media measurement, aid with plan development & campaign execution
- Complete compliance and legal approval for new tactics and partners
- Management of trackers and processes across media campaigns
Skills and Experience Required:
- Four year degree (with a business focus such as Statistics, Economics, Finance or Marketing)
- Master's degree (preferred)
- 5-9 years of business experience in marketing, advertising, media, marketing measurement, or related field
- Agency experience preferred
- Expertise within the digital marketing environment, including ad tech, analytics tools, and in aligning marketing strategies/goals with business needs
- In-depth knowledge of integrated marketing and CRM disciplines (including primary research, segmentation, targeting, direct marketing and customer care)
- High energy, enthusiastic, curious, showcasing strong thought leadership / ability to breakthrough at marketing table and defend media
- Strong understanding of media landscape and strategy across all channels, as well as understanding of intersection between channels and between paid, owned, earned communications world
- Superior media project management skills; Ability to understand next steps, keep order, meet deadlines and move a project forward in a timely matter
- Go-getter who can pick up things quickly and run with them, and will reach out to someone they don't know, get the information they need, and build a relationship with that person
- Pro-active, self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects across internal teams in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven leadership record with strong client relationship skills
Got the goods? We'd love to hear from you.