Vice President/Director – Corporate Communications
Become a VP/Director at DigitasLBi, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape. We’re looking for a Vice President/Director of Corporate Communications with excellent journalist relationships who will manage the development and execution of communications initiatives to support the capability and agency goals. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Promote the brand position of Digitas to employees, prospects, clients, media, and key partners.
- Specific areas of focus:
- Press Relations / Press Campaigns: Established business and ad trade reporter contacts with a deep and successful background in developing and running full-scale media relation campaigns and press pitches.
- PR Editorial Planning: Experience creating comprehensive annual editorial/PR plans to leverage the agency’s marketing mission and promote the client work, talent expertise and culture.
- Experience with PR measurement and impact, i.e. familiarity with tools, systems and tracking platforms against media-related activities that ladders up to lead generation, and tangible measurement impact.
- Provide simple and compelling communications counsel and support to C-Suite, business and functional leaders, with the goal of improving the internal and external brand and reputation of the company
- Author and edit materials for communicating with media, employees and other key audiences regarding news, issue management. This includes development and leadership of ‘originals’ including research, op-eds and long form thought leadership pieces.
- Develop and understand lead generation strategies and techniques that couple technology and content/publishing with audience(s).
- Contribute to/directly engage with new business opportunities for the Marketing and Communications capability.
- Supervise and mentor communications associate. Ensure the associate has aggressive goals and professional developmental plans
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four-year degree
- 8-10 years of PR agency or corporate communications equivalent required
- Experience working with a PR agency partner or working within a PR agency environment
- Commitment to work as a collaborative team and lead by example as problem solver and idea generator
- The ability to think and act both strategically and tactically is critical to the success of the role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a passion for editorial and grammatical excellence
- Ability to work in an integrated environment, especially with creative/advertising teams.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects; and, adjust priorities in a fast-moving business environment
- Strong ability to clearly articulate problems and present in front of leadership and clients with a proposed solution; ability managing expectations
- Ability to assist in the creation of compelling messaging and content through understanding the multiple faucets of a integrated brand agency
- Internal client management and collaboration with the ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships a must
- An understanding of newer communication and social mediums, such as forums and blogs, and experience utilizing them effectively in communications programs is required
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
-8-10 years of experience required
-Advertising, media, tech background is a plus
-This role reports directly to the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer. NYC based preferable.
Got what it takes?
DigitasLBi is an equal opportunity employer.