Associate Director, Programmatic
Data-driven, programmatic media buying will represent nearly 75% of the marketplace in 2017—and as this grows, so does DigitasLBi’s world-class team of programmatic specialists. They’re responsible for keeping a pulse on the constantly evolving media landscape, where Display, Video, Mobile and Native are all increasingly addressable, and they stay on top of the industry with a deep understanding of software platforms, data and targeting strategies and analytical skills.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Associate Director, Programmatic—someone who can win the hearts of clients, inspire junior staff and skillfully juggle multiple pieces of business. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
This role offers a unique opportunity for an experienced digital media star to actively drive performance for some of the largest brands on the planet. You will be responsible for making a real difference in our clients’ business—and our own.
As Associate Director, Programmatic, you’ll be responsible for campaign management activities such as campaign setup, documentation creation and maintenance, QA, performance reporting, and billing reconciliation. You’ll identify and implement optimizations, build client decks and status documentation, and attend client meetings explaining relevant programmatic strategy.
The ideal candidate will have prior online media experience and basic experience with Doubleclick or similar campaign management systems. Prior experience with bid management platforms and active campaign optimization efforts is necessary.
Most importantly, this candidate must possess a strong inner drive to redesign the digital media landscape, enjoy working with some of the finest minds in the industry, and want to be a part of something truly unique that will have a lasting impact on some of the world’s biggest brands.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Direct and manage the daily work flow of all DigitasLBi client campaigns, including proposal development, campaign activation and maintenance, and post-buy recaps
- Interface with media teams to respond to RFPs, build strategic campaign plans, communicate service offerings, and identify and deliver new solutions in a collaborative fashion
- Review client deliverables for quality, ensuring that recommendations and work product are sound and viable
- Own the development of strategic proposals, coordinating across DigitasLBi teams to account for all relevant inputs
- Assume accountability and ownership of DigitasLBi campaign execution for assigned client accounts; develop and maintain quality control procedures for campaign implementations
- Understand and effectively communicate our value proposition, technology, and processes as related to the growth of current and prospective agency accounts
- Monitor and report on campaign performance
- Participate in forecasting exercises for senior management
- Embrace and encourage a culture based on team work, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity
- Adopt established account management standards and program management best practices
- Assist in training, mentoring, and developing team members
- Assist in the development and documentation of best practices for improving communication and collaboration within the team and the groupParticipate in regular sessions to share and learn new strategies for optimizing and enhancing campaign performance
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Four-year college degree
- Understanding of interactive media planning and buying elements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office solutions
- Strong analytical thinking and mathematical skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to organize and manage detail work, as well as work independently and balance multiple tasks
- 7-9 years work experience
- 6+ years of experience in Display, Video, Social, and/or Mobile programmatic media buying
- 3+ years with increasing levels of responsibility within an agency or media company
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing 3+ reports in a account management/client services team
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.