Associate Director, Paid Social (FREELANCE)
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
As social media continues to take a greater share of consumers’ time, and ad spend is increasing rapidly, so is DigitasLBi’s world class team of paid social specialists. You’ll be part of a team that’s keeping a pulse on the constantly evolving social media landscape, where new features and advertising opportunities are popping up daily.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Associate Media Director, Paid Social – someone who has who has a passion in equal parts for both data & analytics and the world of social media. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for working across all social platforms to plan, implement, manage and optimize data-driven campaigns. Additionally, this role works closely with the national Paid Social practice to constantly track the market, evaluate new opportunities, create training materials, and vet new social/messaging Platforms and API Partners (PMDs/FMPs).
As an Associate Media Director, Paid Social, you’ll manage a team of direct reports that are implementing our clients’ paid social activities, while also getting your hands dirty ensuring flawless execution and inspiring strategy.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
You’ll play an instrumental, game-shaping role in developing strategic media and implementing a wide variety of innovative tactics to grow our clients’ business. Day to day, your role includes:
- Overseeing development of paid social media program strategies and analysis for clients, collaborating closely with other Media practices, Account, Creative, Social Strategy and Measurement teams to ensure that work is strategically aligned and on brief
- Expertly guiding and managing relationships between teams and clients to consistently deliver high-quality, inspiring work and grow our business
- Providing thoughtful feedback to Media teams, using performance evaluation and internal process improvement to develop and motivate talent, and consistent demonstration of developing new media approaches to drive results
- Smartly manage revenue and program budgets to ensure necessary and optimal resourcing
- Playing a key role in spotting issues with core client teams and in developing new client relationships
- Proactive in developing social media expertise within the marketing and media industry, and helping to develop the paid social capabilities within the agency
- Ensure best practice and innovation in all activities; ensure knowledge sharing across capabilities and teams
- Maintaining and improving the success of social media platform relationships
- Flawlessly run paid media in API partner platforms and directly in social platforms. Responsible for QA’ing campaign setup and trafficking.
- Partner with Strategy & Analytics team to create learning agendas and measurement plans for all campaigns, tying back to your clients’ business goals
- Participate in the training of junior team members as needed.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Bachelors Degree and 7-9 years of media planning experience – including at least two years of hands-on paid social experience and three years of supervisory experience
- An exceptional grasp on media planning, negotiation, optimization, and performance analysis and an impressive understanding of the whole digital environment – you know this world by heart and you keep pulse with the rapid changes happening within it
- Experience managing large scale Paid Social Campaigns, inclusive of Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and emerging platforms – both tactically and strategically. You get the role of paid, owned, and earned social strategies, and how they work together. You know how to flex your media plan depending on your clients’ goals and objectives
- Stellar communication skills: You’re articulate, poised, straightforward – and, above all, you’re thoughtful & kind
- Strong project management and performance management skills – you are crystal clear when it comes to delegating and providing feedback
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.