Associate Directorr Release Managment – Technology
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling. Paving the way for this is our amazing Technology team, dedicated to transforming the marketing landscape. Right now, we’re looking for a Release Manager to help us do this. Up for it? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As a Release Manager, you’ll support the managers and engineers through project lifecycles, ensuring that projects meet client, department and corporate standards. Day to day, your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for planning out release and deployment timelines across multiple clients and projects
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedules and product quality
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Communicate release details and schedules to both internal and external clients as required
- Maintain code repository base; direct engineering team on code branching and release strategies and procedures
- Research new tools and configuration management methodologies, analyzing their application to current configuration management needs
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments and changes including requirements, QA plans and scope changes
- Manage stakeholders, relationships and coordinate work between different teams
- Manages daily builds
- Partners with Quality Assurance teams to confirm deliverables
- Proactively identify and resolve technical issues regarding releases
- Partnering with your technical leads to ensure high quality and timely development and delivery
- Ensuring that personal utilization and billability meet organization standards
- Working closely with the project team to determine project status
- Partnering with QA to manage the overall quality assurance execution
- Clearly and effectively communicating across departments
We’re looking for a talented Release Manager who’s also a delight to work with, which usually includes:
- A four-year degree (Computer Science or equivalent preferred)
- 7 to 9 years of release management or configuration management or comparable experience, including 3 to 5 years of leadership in a technical or cross-functional team
- Experience with version control, configuration management and other tools related to release management preferred (ex: Git, Chef, Jenkins, Grunt, Jira)
- Experience working with international teams a plus
- Deep familiarity with the digital environment
- Training in project management practices preferred and knowledge of QA processes and conventions
- Organized with rigorous attention to detail, drive for excellence, and positive can-do approach
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding of business and technical processes and how they effectively drive solutions
- Strong time management and the ability to be nimble in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to break down tasks so they can easily be delegated to other team members
Got the goods? We’d love to hear from you.
We have 40 offices in 25 countries, each one helping to upend and redefine the landscape of strategy, creativity, media and technology. We’re pumped about the accolades we’ve earned – cue Titanium Lions, Gold Pencils and making LinkedIn’s Most InDemand Employer List of 2014 – but what energizes us most is the people we work with, the clients we work for and the never-ending challenge that confronts us: Producing amazing creative, day after day.
On top of great values, great people and great clients, we’re proud to offer many great perks – things like flex vacation days, tuition reimbursement, gym membership discounts and anniversary gifts for the many people who’ve been with us 5, 10, 20 years and more. And while we celebrate those who’ve stuck by us and shaped us into the creative force that we are today, we’re always looking for great new talent help us grow even stronger. If that’s you, well, come join us.
DigitasLBi is an equal opportunity employer.