Vice President/Director – Technology, QA
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling. Paving the way for this is our amazing Technology team, dedicated to transforming the marketing landscape. Right now, we’re looking for a talented Vice President/Director - Technology, QA to lead the charge. Up for it? Read on.
What you will do:
As a VP/QA Director, Technology you will lead the QA activities on a range of digital projects and initiatives within our client portfolio. You will help to ensure outstanding quality in our highly dynamic, data-driven internet-based applications and/or platforms and help launch those systems.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide innovative and seasoned direction in test driven software development and QA.
- Regularly interface with senior leadership and represent functional goals in context of broader organizational goals.
- Manage multiple onshore and offshore QA teams across different projects.
- Provide guidance and direction to team members to adopt new tools, achieve goals and develop experience.
- Develop QA organization roadmap and track team progress. Build highly effective QA organization.
- Manage staffing QA resources to optimize execution process and achieve target utilization levels.
- Provide leadership consultation on QA methodologies, testing strategies, methods, and best practices.
- Lead automation development efforts and consistently increase automation test coverage.
- Build QA process and project corresponding metrics. Leverage metrics to define, track, and drive progress towards the quality objectives for client projects and the department as a whole.
- Define and implement internally and cross organizationally best QA practices.
- Lead the definition, execution, and maintenance of standard QA processes, methodologies, and documentation for client project engagements.
- Lead communication within the DigitasLBi team and the client around QA activities.
- Review and provide input on project schedule tasks, durations, QA risks, and dependencies.
- Manage daily/weekly progress reporting and defect tracking and providing process improvement recommendations.
- Conduct post-mortems to define and document lessons learned and translate them into QA process improvements.
- Direct and review the creation of QA plan, test plan and test cases through analysis of the project documentation and working sessions/interviews with stakeholders. Internal and external stakeholders include clients, client partners, product owners, project managers, experience designers, and technologists.
- Direct the execution of test cases for websites and/or applications, analyze and report discovered by team issues/defects. Lead defect triage process.
- Define and implement QA project and organization specific risk management activities.
- Partner with the account team in managing client expectations by providing documentation within agreed timeframes and consolidating open questions/issues for communication with clients.
- Lead client walkthroughs of documentation or live demonstrations over the project lifecycle.
- Lead the auditing and analysis of technologies and vendors under consideration for optimizing QA solutions.
- Collaborate with the business analysts, product owners and project managers during the creation of requirements or user stories to ensure clarity for QA activities.
- Collaborate with the project managers by identifying project tasks, estimating time and dependencies as well as actively participating in scope definition and prioritization of requirements.
- Partner with the release manager(s) to review and approve finished development work before release into production
- Define and implement industry best practices for quality assurance and technology as well as stay current on emerging digital technologies and trends to support your work and client discussions.
- Lead the Quality Assurance practice and Technology capability’s continuous improvement activities by bringing ideas to the table and showcasing work for discussion.
- Manage quality assurance resources' careers and proactively provide mentoring and timely constructive feedback.
- Support new business activities such as RFP responses and client pitch development, presentation and follow-up.
- Represent capability in cross organizational meetings
- Hire and train new resources.
We are looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Experience with software QA of large-scale Internet services. This person should bring knowledge of best practices and tools from industry.
- A minimum of 10 years of direct experience in Quality Assurance for IT projects, preferably in the data warehouse space.
- A minimum of 7 years of direct experience in managing Quality Assurance managers and associate directors.
- A minimum of 6 years of direct experience in working in QA leadership role for a digital agency or consultancy.
- A proven track record managing QA related activities following the SDLC methodologies and must be an expert in development of QA documentation and implementing QA best practices.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively to drive results in a matrixed environment that utilizes offshore QA resources and requires managing multiple large, high priorities simultaneously.
- A proven ability to build and develop a QA team in a fast-paced environment. He or she must have experience in presenting to management and explaining technical topics.
- A proven track record of using metrics to manage teams and projects.
- Enable innovation and thought leadership for his/her domain. This person must also be a great communicator that can align cross functional teams by applying the right balance of strategy, operational needs and innovation to achieve significant organizational goals
- Extensive experience with developing automation framework and open source automation tools including but not limited to Java, Selenium Web Driver, Maven, TestNG, Junit, PhantomJS, WATIR, or similar tools
- Detail-oriented, organized, thorough, passionate about building high quality product
- Thorough understanding of QA principles, techniques, and technologies
- Prior Development Experience preferred
- Knowledge of various software development methodologies, including Agile principles
- Mastery with most or all of the following quality assurance tools: JMeter, JAWS, mobile screen readers, Selenium, Soap UI Pro/Ready API, Browserstack, ObservePoint, Charles
- Security, test management and performance optimization tools.
- Mastery with most or all of the following quality assurance methodologies: Black Box, White Box, Automated and Pair testing.
- Comprehensive experience with most or all of the following types of testing: functional, creative, responsive web design, mobile, automation, security, accessibility, performance, load and API testing.
- Experience using Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence) required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to support interaction with a variety of team members at different seniority levels.
- Experience working directly with clients to gain trust and establish rapport for quality assurance work preferred.
- Extensive experience with digital technology such as content management systems (CMS), customer relationship management (CRM) systems, e-commerce, systems integration, website analytics, marketing automation, native apps, social media, programmatic and predictive media.
- Experience working on large complex projects with multiple teams, timelines and dependencies required.
- Experience working with remote teams in different time zones required.
- Master degree in Computer Science or related field
Got the goods? We’d love to hear from you.