Principal Software Engineer
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling. Paving the way for this is our amazing Technology team, dedicated to transforming the marketing landscape. Right now, we’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to lead the charge. Up for it? Read on.
We’re searching for a Principal Software Engineer who can take a leadership role within an interdisciplinary team that creates world-class data-driven internet-based solutions. You’ll be responsible for the success of all technical and functional aspects of a project.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Lead technical design and implementation of practical, maintainable project solutions
- Take responsibility for effective programming, installation, configuration, documentation, operation, monitoring and maintenance of software environments supporting web solutions delivered to clients
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation in services we offer and ensure ongoing service delivery within SLAs
- Identity appropriate hardware and software solutions to support client project needs
- Develop and maintain technical project deliverables that support the project phases and sign-off, including requirements, solution design documents, quality plans, and other project artifacts; hands-on application configuration/customization to meet client needs
- Support internal cross-capability teams in the project lifecycle (i.e. creative design, digital production, integrations, implementations, testing, etc.)
- Maintain a consistent focus on quality for projects
- Stay abreast of evolving web standards and emerging technologies
- Share learnings, tools, and best practices with teammates and the larger organization
- Mentor and educate more junior team members in utilizing new technical skills and best practices
- Work comfortably within a dynamic, challenging environment while understanding the importance of meeting client delivery deadlines
- Maintain open communications on current project status, risks and challenges
- Become a recognized subject matter expert within fields of expertise
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year college degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or similar degree preferred)
- Accredited experience architecting and building solutions on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform (ExactTarget) for current and new implementations with proficiencies in data models and compliance design considerations, Journey Builder and automations, Salesforce Sales or Service Cloud integrations, data extracts, AMPscript and account configuration.
- Experience with Social Studio and Mobile Connect a plus
- Creative agency experience desired
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem and web-based marketing solutions
- Experience developing SQL, designing data schemas and integrating relational databases into web solutions using RDBMS such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL
- Experience with web services, protocols (SOAP, REST, JSON, etc.), and server-side as well as client-side APIs
- Firm understanding of software engineering and development methodologies
- Familiarity with privacy and security regulations and related laws (PII, PHI, HIPAA, PCI, etc.)
- Expertise in the authoring of technical requirements and the definition process
- Good team skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills with technical, non-technical, end-user audiences
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
We have 40 offices in 25 countries, each one helping to upend and redefine the landscape of strategy, creativity, media and technology. We’re pumped about the accolades we’ve earned – cue Titanium Lions, Gold Pencils and making LinkedIn’s Most InDemand Employer List of 2014 – but what energizes us most is the people we work with, the clients we work for and the never-ending challenge that confronts us: Producing amazing creative, day after day.
On top of great values, great people and great clients, we’re proud to offer many great perks – things like flex vacation days, tuition reimbursement, gym membership discounts and anniversary gifts for the many people who’ve been with us 5, 10, 20 years and more. And while we celebrate those who’ve stuck by us and shaped us into the creative force that we are today, we’re always looking for great new talent help us grow even stronger. If that’s you, well, come join us.
DigitasLBi is an equal opportunity employer.