Vice President/Group Director, Data and Analysis
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Vice President/Group Director, Data and Analysis who’ll lead the team in bringing that transformation to life – someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who can engage clients and aligning strategy with their business goals and objectives. Sound like you? Read on.
The Vice President/Group Director, Data and Analysis is responsible for designing our client’s approach to media data and technology. He or She will lead a cross-functional team driving a data strategy roadmap to maximize the value our clients obtain for their owned, bought and borrowed data. This role is also responsible for future-proofing our approach to ad technology – overseeing the tech ops group and collaborating directly with programmatic leadership
What you’ll do:
Customer database analytics, marketing consulting services, and digital media analytics: these are just a few of the ways our team assist clients in making smarter decisions and achieving greater results.
As Vice President/Group Director, Data and Analysis,you’ll engage clients in economic insights and drive strategic thinking into client marketing solutions.
Day-to-day, your role includes the following functions:
- Data Strategy: Design and execute approach to ingesting and activating the right data for various media and creative executions across all channels
- Tech Leadership: Oversee team supporting Ad Servers and Data Management Platform administration. Provide relevant POVs on industry trends and solutions to futureproof stack approach. Also oversees all aspects of tagging and media trafficking with dedicated Director of Tech Ops and Trafficking reporting into the Group Director.
- Insights: Uncover insights about customers using first, second and third party behavioral data.
- Analytics: measure ROI of investment in data and demonstrate ongoing performance and cost savings
- Orchestrator: Be a knowledge leader and a reliable source of “what we know” and a partner for filling knowledge gap – connect dots and create consistency across disparate lines of business.
- Leader: Identify efficiencies and create more effective and innovative ways of working for a large, cross-functional team. Combine data, talent/capabilities, technology and industry relationships to create high margin, revenue-generating products in the areas of targeting/ad serving, optimization, social amplification, and new ad models.
Skills and Abilities include:
- Technical Expertise: Deep understanding of data and adtech / martech, likely has experience in product management, solutions engineering or another technical area
- Strategic intelligence: Well versed in qualitative, quantitative and analytic techniques and can focus this knowledge to help us drive action. Knows the right questions to ask in each circumstance.
- Operational leadership: Able to scale our approach through team capability building and tool development.
- Marketplace knowledge: Demonstrate deep knowledge of the research and analytics marketplace – the vendors and data sources we can tap to drive our business forward. And build new knowledge about emerging providers.
- Relationship building: Achieve trusted advisor status with key client and internal stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Actively support fellow team-members and look for ways to facilitate the success of others. Integrate seamlessly with team members
- Organization and planning: Plan, organize, schedule and commit time and effort in accordance with your wider goals. Effectively manage out “noise” to focus on work of highest impact and importance.
- Persistence: Demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get new things done. Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and managing change. Move through road-blocks with enthusiasm and alacrity.
- Talent management: Identify and attract a-talent and coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for advancement.
- Innovation/strategic visioning: See and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. See opportunities before they fully materialize and galvanize the team to deliver.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Four years of college education (mathematics or economics focus preferred)
- 12–14 years of experience of meaningful experience in marketing consulting, advertising, or interactive
- Deep familiarity with the digital environment and expertise in aligning marketing strategies with business needs
- Strong knowledge of integrated marketing and CRM disciplines
- In-depth knowledge of multiple industries including telecommunications, retail, CPG, financial, and retail
- Proven leadership ability, including strong interpersonal skills and a team-player attitude with clients
- An artful ability to translate unstructured business solutions into innovative customer marketing programs
- Exceptional written, oral communication, and presentation skills – you’re articulate, poised and concise
- Willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.