Vice President/Director - Experience Design
Become a Creative at DigitasLBi, a highly-caffeinated playground for the mentally ambidextrous. A place where a born storyteller, a data-head, a visual artist, and startup guru not only work together ... they’re quite often the same person. Where you can hone your skills on branded content, TV, mobile, games, social platforms, and a few things that have not been invented yet. A place that’s steadily earning accolades, from Titanium Lions to Gold Pencils, without any of the ego. Be part of a restless, passionate bunch plotting the future of our industry, and just getting started. Did we mention our logo is a unicorn?
We’re searching for a Vice President/Director of Experience Design who can take on a leadership role, always acting as an inspiration for the team. You’ll establish the prioritized needs for the audience segment, placing them in a detailed experience model. You’ll develop actionable brand articulations and business goals that inform the design. You’ll work closely with clients and your agency team to understand and advocate for user needs from project concept through execution.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Develop customer research and insights, collaborating with the creative team, marketing strategists and creative strategy
- Determine key attributes of the customer’s emotional and physical environment
- Create substantively influential engagement models and project plans using DUP framework
- Specify the complete conditional presentation of the user interface
- Autonomously own a large project from kickoff to completion, sometimes balancing multiple projects at once
- Maintain high standards for design artifacts including wireframes, architecture diagrams and prototypes
- Partner with clients on business goals from a visual standpoint
- Lead and participate in research activities such as persona development, customer journeys, competitive analyses, heuristic reviews and usability testing
- Showcase your diverse interactive skills, sharing the latest and greatest
- Maintain high quality on creative and presentation deliverables
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on implementation feasibility to ensure Experience Design is realizable
- Must be able to confidently present experience design work to clients and advocate persuasively for target users in a collaborative, win-win fashion. Independent thinking and effective oral and written presentation skills are required
- Collaborate, multi-task and work efficiently under the pressure of deadlines
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year degree
- 10-12 years of design and strong interactive/digital work experience preferred
- Creative agency experience desired
- Robust digital experience in an agency setting
- Balanced interaction design skills, visual design sensibilities and understanding of how disciplines exist together
- Experience managing, mentoring and evaluating teams
- Good presentation and time management skills
- Solid working knowledge of current rich media technologies, including Flash
- Mastery of interactivity and the Web
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Got what it takes?
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.