Vice President/Director, Connections Strategy
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to create digital products, advertising campaigns and media experiences that bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Strategy at DigitasLBi is a multi-disciplinary team of Creative, Social, Experience and Connections Strategy experts unified by a shared ambition to inspire ideas that move people.
To further accelerate this ambition, we are looking for an outstanding Vice President / Director, Connections Strategy – someone who champions a modern approach to connected experiences for brands; who understands consumer behavior and context, and architects and orchestrates strategic communications to define how brands connect to people in a digital world.
While our Creative Strategy team inspires and refines the voice of a brand, the Connections Strategy team ultimately defines its expression – where and how it acts – providing a vision and guiding system for how brands will most effectively connect with consumers through integrated and innovative campaigns.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As VP/Director, Connections Strategy, your comprehensive media and marketing expertise will be essential to providing strategic leadership on key client engagements.
Demonstrating an intimate understanding of how consumers interact with channels and technology, this pivotal role demands a focus on how to most effectively solve clients' business challenges through an orchestrated system of paid, owned and earned touchpoints that inspires connected creativity.
Day-to-day, your role will concentrate on guiding strategy across key accounts while delivering industry-leading service, which includes:
- Analyzing a variety of data-centric resources to develop powerful insights into consumers' media consumption and behavior that fuel decision-making and guide the development of a coherent and effective connections plan
- Mapping consumer experience journeys to identify high impact moments for brands to connect
- Crafting stories based on how consumers are interacting with their devices and other technology to reveal how brands can better connect with their consumers
- Partnering with relationship leads, creative strategists, and other cross-capability teams to translate the holistic communications plan into innovative ideas and programs, resulting in smartly-mapped marketing tactics that deliver on stated goals
- Leading the evolution and ongoing management of a connections toolkit – a consistent approach to connections strategy outputs
This crucial role requires a depth of expertise (10-12 years; min 4-year college degree, Masters preferred), including a track record of impactful work experience and professional ingenuity – which means you are:
- A digital media-savvy marketer and passionate problem-solver with the unstoppable drive to inspire teams and bring the best work to life, based on your expertise with omni-channel media orchestration
- A strong analytical thinker and translator with exceptional research dexterity, including several years of experience with media-centric tools such as Comscore, MRI, Google Analytics, to uncover the data and insights that drive strategic communications planning and implementation
- A cross-channel thinker with working knowledge of media, who is adept at innovative channel selection and role definition that creates the synergy between conceptual ideas and the possibilities of execution
- A creative partner who can brief teams on the job to be done for each channel and own the vision for how the holistic system will come together
- A team leader and relationship builder who can provide an authoritative point of view with senior clients, while fostering partnership and collaboration with all levels of the agency and its partners
- An approachable manager with a strong history of team oversight and talent development; known for an ability to coach, educate and grow junior talent
- An all-around seasoned professional with exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.