Media Planner, Paid Social
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
As social media continues to take a greater share of consumers’ time, and ad spend is increasing rapidly, so is DigitasLBi’s world class team of paid social specialists. You’ll be part of a team that’s keeping a pulse on the constantly evolving social media landscape, where new features and advertising opportunities are popping up daily.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Media Planner, Paid Social – someone who has who has a passion in equal parts for both data & analytics and the world of social media. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for working across all social platforms to plan, implement, manage and optimize data-driven campaigns. Additionally, this role works closely with the national Paid Social practice to constantly track the market, evaluate new opportunities, create training materials, and vet new social/messaging Platforms and API Partners (PMDs/FMPs).
As Media Planner, Paid Social, you’ll manage our clients’ paid social activities, from planning to implementation and reporting.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Serve as a member of the cross-functional client team to understand goals and translate them into a paid social media strategy across all platforms and devices.
- Partner with Media Planning, Social Strategy, and Data & Analysis groups to understand the role of paid social within the larger paid media campaign, as well as the organic social strategy.
- Flawlessly run paid media in social platforms and directly in API partner. Responsible for campaign setup, trafficking, ongoing optimization, and reporting that meets and exceeds client goals.
- Stay up to date on new ad products and technology advancements, understanding how to translate them to deliver on business goals and how they work with your media plan.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the capabilities of API partners and be able to test and apply them to client/campaign objectives. Foster strong relationships with current platform partners to help influence product roadmaps based on specific client needs.
- Partner with Data & Analysis team to use real-time data, testing, and campaign learnings to effectively optimize and manage campaigns. Collect insights to share back with internal and client teams.
- Leverage planning and forecasting tools within platforms to inform budgets, bid strategies, and target audiences.
- Produce clear communication for internal teams and directly to clients regarding campaign performance, recommendations and expected deliverables.
- Work flexible hours to adapt to the real-time nature of the social space. Be available “on call” during non-business hours for posting and optimizing as needed.
- Participate in the training of junior team members as needed.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Superior collaboration and teamwork skills; experience working with cross-functional teams
- Effective at project management and ability to re-prioritize while operating within a fast paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to think on your feet, present to clients, and talk knowledgeably about the role of social media
- Understanding of fundamental media metrics and calculations (CTR, CPC, CPM, CPA, etc.)
- Positive attitude and ablility to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3+ years of experience in media or ad operations preferred
- 1+ years of hands-on experience working in self-service capacity within social platforms. Ideally, candidate will have experience working in both API partner UIs (ex. Brand Networks, 4C, Kinetic Social), as well as in Facebook/Instagram, Twitter and or LinkedIn Platforms.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.