Vice President/QA Director – Technology
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling. Paving the way for this is our amazing Technology team, dedicated to transforming the marketing landscape. Right now, we’re looking for a talented Vice President/QA Director to lead the charge. Up for it? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As a VP/QA Director, Technology you will lead the QA team across a range of digital projects and initiatives within our client portfolio. You will help to ensure outstanding quality in our highly dynamic, internet-based applications and/or platforms and help launch those systems.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic and innovative direction for QA practice; implementing new technologies, processes, and methodologies to keep pace with emerging technologies and product needs.
- Regularly interface with senior leadership and represent functional goals in context of broader organizational goals. Providing data and analytics regarding effectiveness of QA team and QA processes.
- Managing multiple on-shore and off-shore QA teams across different projects; providing guidance and direction to team members in order to adopt new tools, achieve goals and develop experience.Establishing best practices and ensuring team members are consistently trained and educated on latest QA processes and tools. Leading QA automation development efforts. Managing team members' careers and proactively providing mentoring and timely constructive feedback.
- Leading the definition,execution, and maintenance of standard QA processes, methodologies, and documentation for client project engagements. Building QA process and project corresponding metrics. Leveraging metrics to define, track, and drive progress towards the quality objectives for client projects and the department as a whole.
- Auditing and analyzing technologies and vendors under consideration for optimizing QA solutions.
- Supporting new business activities such as RFP responses and client pitch development, presentation and follow-up.
We are looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Master degree in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 10 years of direct experience in Quality Assurance for IT projects, including 7 years of leadership of QA team. Management of teams across time zones greatly preferred.
- A proven track record managing QA related activities following the SDLC methodologies and must be an expert in development of QA documentation and implementing QA best practices.
- Experience working directly with clients
- Extensive experience with myriad digital technology such as: content management systems (CMS), customer relationship management (CRM) systems, e-commerce, systems integration, website analytics, marketing automation, native apps, social media, programmatic and predictive media.
- Experience working on large complex projects with multiple teams, timelines and dependencies. This person should bring knowledge of best practices and tools from industry.
Got the goods? We’d love to hear from you!