VP/Group Dir, Finance
Become a Director at Digitas a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape. We’re looking for a Vice President/ Director of Finance who is responsible for providing senior financial oversight and management of a portfolio of clients/capabilities. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
Specific duties include supervision of forecast submissions, tracking of budgets, mentoring of staff, monthly close processes, financial review meetings, cash flow projections and account billing and receivables.
The VP/D is required to highlight key issues and minimize exposure items that may impact profitability or negative trade working capital.
The VP/D will be a key business partner and advisor to Senior Leadership, and in a position that will also be involved in critical process improvement projects and ad hoc analysis in support of Client and Regional Finance requests.
A minimum of ten �fifteen years of professional experience in a Finance or Accounting position and prior supervisory experience is required. Special consideration is given to those from the advertising/marketing industry.
The person must have excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills, as well as strong computer skills, in particular, Excel.
We are looking for someone with leadership qualities that will be able to suggest and create overall efficiencies in their workflow that will benefit their team, department and our clients.
We are also looking for someone who can be client facing at senior levels (internally with office general managers and presidents) specifically agency management or procurement organizations.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business preferred but not required
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency of MS Office, Word, Excel (including Pivot Tables) and financial reporting systems (Lawson and Business Objects)
- A solid understanding of accounting concepts (debits/credits, revenue recognition, percent complete, WIP management, reserves/absorptions, and trade working capital)
- Preferred but not required: experience working with client procurement and agency management professionals or some experience in the digital agency environment.
- Ability to read and understand contracts and interact with our internal legal group to ensure appropriate Digitas and Publicis standards
- Negotiation skills are not required but preferred.
- Strong digital acumen is required
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
- Strong leadership skills
- Requires little direction to manage staff and client teams and meeting ongoing deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative, responsibility and follow through for �owned� work
- Accountability and flexibility
- Possess strong organization and communication skills
- Develop strong interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with perse groups agency-wide
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced, digital environment
- Possesses strong analytical skills and uses them to drive decisions and to make recommendations.
- Maintains positive team player attitude
- Partner/influence client teams and develop relationships with Senior Leadership to influence productive and accurate client financial management
- Mitigate financial risks and provide insight of financial implications of change
- Provide financial oversight and management of a portfolio of clients effectively managing all key financial metrics
- Ability to lead internal/external client discussions on financial management or pricing
- Lead in development of clear career roadmaps of staff.
- Solidify forecast for assigned clients/regions:
- Components - committed, upside, risk, percent likelihood weightings
- Process - data accumulation, relate client budgets/deliverables to the forecast, apply reasonability and logic
- Region / Client P&L
- Identify, lead, and execute process improvements
- nbsp;Proactive identification and leading toward resolution of financial issues; using escalation as necessary.
- Prioritize and streamline tasks for self and staff to ensure accuracy and efficiencies
- Appropriately represent and encourage growth within the finance capability