We’re searching for a Manager of Human Resources who loves to succeed in an environment fueled by creativity, innovation and constant change. This HR Manager is the “go to” person and lead HR business partner supporting a variety of capabilities within the Chicago office. This talent partner will work closely with the leaders of our capabilities to align business needs with our talent strategy. The HR manager will work in close partnership with the leaders to create appropriate plans to develop talent. This Manager will be focused on continuous improvement of their craft and discipline and always thinking about ways to make our work better and ensure we foster a culture of creativity and opportunities. The HR manager may co-lead HR projects both regionally and nationally, as well as other talent initiatives.
- Meet regularly and proactively with leaders of the Chicago office to provide HR guidance on topics such as: employee relations, performance management, organizational change, engagement, employment law compliance, etc.
- Regularly meet with employees to offer career development advice and counseling on a variety of topics which support their experience in the Chicago office.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to office leadership on managing their talent (managing onboarding process, coaching, counseling, career development, performance issues)
- Lead HR-driven programs that will result in positive change for our culture and individual employee opportunity/growth
- Lead the talent review process with managers. Play an active role in promotion/compensation planning to ensure adjustments reflect internal equity and are in line with market rates.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and ensuring regulatory compliance. Actively comply with our internal HR policy guidelines.
- Work closely with leaders to think differently about how we do the work and how we motivate and retain employees
- Respond to all employee questions and concerns in a timely and thorough manner
- Partner with managers to ensure we are engaging and retaining top talent
- Partner with national HR team to execute ad hoc projects to promote a high performance culture
- Partner with centralized benefits and payroll to communicate programs and policy changes
- Help educate and encourage managers to support the value of our diversity and inclusion initiatives
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year degree (Major in human resources desirable)
- 5-7 years human resources experience
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility with senior people in the organization, with a mixture of confidence, tact and persistence
- High degree of focus on corporate business/culture needs, customer satisfaction and quality orientation
- Excellent interpersonal/networking/relationship-building skills
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills
- Team oriented
- Supervisory experience
- Strong business acumen with experience managing project budgets
- Strong understanding of HR, legal and labor issues
- Demonstrated experience handling employee investigations
- Solid understanding of performance management and compensation principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, detail oriented
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Got what it takes?
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.