Vice President/Director, Media
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
Right now, we’re looking for a brilliant Vice President/Director, Media to drive that transformation for one of our most high profile and innovative clients. This individual will be an expert in the field, with a broad set of stellar media, marketing and management skills.
Reporting directly to the Global SVP/Media, the VP will lead the Americas and Worldwide media team as part of a larger multi-capability agency team, as well as interface with agency team members across Creative, Account Management, Strategy, Data & Analysis, Content, Media Technology, and Bid-Based Media. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
You’ll take ownership and direct responsibility for management within the Media group on this innovative client and overall for the team, leading strategy development and the writing of media plans – plus you’ll oversee project negotiation, implementation and performance analysis. Day to day, your responsibilities will include:
- Translating brand marketing objectives into succinct digital media strategies that impress and excite our clients, and transforming marketing challenges into platform-agnostic communications
- Providing relevant, timely digital media expertise – bonding with brand team to help them truly understand why they need digital marketing, and then helping them adapt their thinking and approach accordingly
- Astutely identifying broader opportunities for Digitas (creative and other services) and articulating opportunities to senior leadership in a timely, relevant manner
- Developing and understanding consumer insights and translating those insights into meaningful digital behaviors and marketing strategies
- Being a “chameleon,” ably shifting and adapting to meet business demands and individual client needs
- Effectively and enthusiastically representing Digitas– you’ll be the face of our company, the person whom staff and clients alike look up to
- A willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
We’re looking for a Vice President/Director, Media with outstanding experience that includes:
- Four years of college education (and preferably a master’s degree) plus ten to twelve years of agency experience
- Deep familiarity with the digital environment and a demonstrated ability to develop and understand consumer insights and translate those insights into meaningful digital behaviors and marketing strategies
- Global client experience
- Experience managing investment across multiple regions/markets
- Strong Partnership & Investment experience
- Experience negotiating, managing multi-faceted publisher programs consisting of Content, Direct, Data
- Multi-regional a plus!
- Robust experience with designing and evaluating pricing/structure/media components of Content programs
- B2B client experience (agency or marketing)
- Fluency in all aspects of decision journey from awareness to lead generation
- An ability to think beyond simply media — no matter what the solution requires, you’ll be a sharp, informed digital marketing advocate and expert for our clients and our team
- Knowledge of qualitative measurement approaches – online and offline – and how/when to apply them so that we deliver measurable successes
Got the goods? We’d love to hear from you.