Vice President / Group Director, Data & Analysis
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
The Data & Analysis team uses data-driven insights to fuel strategic growth for clients. We believe that data should never exist in a vacuum; instead, it should be put to work to bring the best ideas and stories to our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Vice President/Group Director, Data & Analysis—someone who can lead data-driven strategy to align with client goals, develop innovative solutions to solve marketing challenges, and collaborate with clients and Digitas leadership. Sound like you? Read on.
The Vice President/Group Director, Data & Analysis is responsible for designing our client’s approach to media data and technology. He or She will lead a cross-functional team driving a data strategy roadmap to maximize the value our clients obtain for their owned, bought and borrowed data. This role is also responsible for future-proofing our approach to ad technology – overseeing the tech ops group and collaborating directly with programmatic leadership.
- Data Strategy: Design and execute approach to ingesting and activating the right data for various media and creative executions across all channels
- Tech Leadership: Oversee team supporting Ad Servers and Data Management Platform administration. Provide relevant POVs on industry trends and solutions to futureproof stack approach. Also oversees all aspects of tagging and media trafficking with dedicated Director of Tech Ops and Trafficking reporting into the Group Director.
- Insights: Uncover insights about customers using first, second and third party behavioral data.
- Analytics: Measure ROI of investment in data and demonstrate ongoing performance and cost savings
- Orchestrator: Be a knowledge leader and a reliable source of “what we know” and a partner for filling knowledge gap – connect dots and create consistency across disparate lines of business.
- Leader: Identify efficiencies and create more effective and innovative ways of working for a large, cross-functional team. Combine data, talent/capabilities, technology and industry relationships to create high margin, revenue-generating products in the areas of targeting/ad serving, optimization, social amplification, and new ad models.
Skills and Abilities
- Technical Expertise: Deep understanding of data and adtech / martech, likely has experience in product management, solutions engineering or another technical area
- Strategic intelligence: Well versed in qualitative, quantitative and analytic techniques and can focus this knowledge to help us drive action. Knows the right questions to ask in each circumstance.
- Operational leadership: Able to scale our approach through team capability building and tool development.
- Marketplace knowledge: Demonstrate deep knowledge of the research and analytics marketplace – the vendors and data sources we can tap to drive our business forward. And build new knowledge about emerging providers.
- Relationship building: Achieve trusted advisor status with key client and internal stakeholders.
- Collaboration: Actively support fellow team-members and look for ways to facilitate the success of others. Integrate seamlessly with team members
- Organization and planning: Plan, organize, schedule and commit time and effort in accordance with your wider goals. Effectively manage out “noise” to focus on work of highest impact and importance.
- Persistence: Demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get new things done. Comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and managing change. Move through road-blocks with enthusiasm and alacrity.
- Talent management: Identify and attract a-talent and coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepare them for advancement.
- Innovation/strategic visioning: See and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. See opportunities before they fully materialize and galvanize the team to deliver.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.