Vice President/Group Director, Paid Social
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
As social media continues to take a greater share of consumers’ time, and ad spend is increasing rapidly, so is Digitas’s world-class team of Paid Social specialists.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Vice President/Group Director, Paid Social—someone who can drive and inspire high-caliber strategies and cultivate client relationships.
You’ll be part of a savvy team that’s keeping a pulse on the evolving social media landscape where new features and advertising opportunities are popping up daily. This role works closely with the national Paid Social practice to track the market, evaluate new opportunities, develop training and vet new social/messaging Platforms and API Partners (PMDs/FMPs).
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As Vice President/Group Director, Paid Social, you’ll take ownership of key accounts, leading strategy development, project negotiation, implementation and performance analysis within the Paid Social practice.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Running and amplifying Paid Social as a national capability within the media team
- Translating brand marketing objectives into succinct Paid Social strategies that impress and excite our clients, and at the same time, transforming marketing challenges into cutting-edge executions
- Proactively developing social media expertise within the marketing and media industry and enhancing Paid Social capabilities within the agency
- Rolling out innovations, ensuring best practices and fostering knowledge sharing across capabilities
- Sustaining and improving the success of social media platform relationships (client-specific and agency-wide)
- Aligning with the media team to ensure that Paid Social strategy complements and builds upon the overall media strategy
- Playing a key role in elevating partnerships, spotting and resolving issues with core client teams and strengthening new client relationships
- Astutely identifying broader opportunities for Digitas (creative and other services) and articulating opportunities to senior leadership in a timely, relevant manner
- Effectively and enthusiastically representing Digitas (you’ll be the face of our company, the person who staff and clients alike look up to)
- Training and coaching junior team members, facilitating talent development
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- A bachelor’s degree plus 12 to 14 years of advertising leadership and experience, including at least five years of hands-on paid social experience
- A management/supervisory background, that is, you have directed a team of at least five people for more than five years
- An exceptional grasp on media planning, negotiation, optimization and performance analysis and an impressive understanding of the whole digital environment—you know this world by heart and you keep pulse with the rapid changes happening within it
- A record of success executing large-scale Paid Social campaigns both tactically and strategically, inclusive of Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat and emerging platforms
- In-depth understanding of paid, owned and earned social strategies and how they work together—you know how to flex your media plan depending on your clients’ goals, and you’ve got the awards to prove it
- Stellar communication skills—you’re articulate, poised, straightforward—and above all, you’re thoughtful and kind
- Strong project management and performance management abilities—you are crystal clear when it comes to delegating and providing feedback
- Knowledge of qualitative measurement approaches—online and offline—and how and when to apply them so that we deliver measurable successes
- High levels of integrity, autonomy and self-motivation
- A willingness to travel as needed—you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.