Vice President/Group Director, Connections Strategy
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to create digital products, advertising campaigns and media experiences that bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Strategy at Digitas is a multi-disciplinary team of Creative, Social, Experience and Connections Strategy experts, unified by a shared ambition to inspire ideas that move people.
To further accelerate this ambition, we are looking for an outstanding Vice President/Group Director, Connections Strategy – someone who champions a modern approach to connected experiences for brands; who understands consumer behavior and context, and architects and orchestrates strategic communications to define how brands connect to people in a digital world.
While our Creative Strategy team inspires and refines the voice of a brand, the Connections Strategy team ultimately defines its expression – where and how it acts – providing a vision and guiding system for integrated and innovative campaigns.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As VP/Group Director, Connections Strategy, your comprehensive media and marketing expertise will be essential to providing strategic thought leadership on key client engagements.
Demonstrating an intimate understanding of how consumers interact with channels and technology, this pivotal role demands a focus on how to most effectively solve clients' business challenges through an orchestrated system of paid, owned and earned touchpoints that inspires connected creativity.
Day-to-day, your role will concentrate on guiding strategy across key accounts while delivering industry-leading service, which includes:
- Leading the development of strategy that informs when, where and how a brand should connect; redefining the concept of ‘media’ and orchestrating efforts across channels
- Championing the use of data; partnering with data-scientists to understand behaviors and uncover unexpected insight that inspire bold ideas for how a brand should connect
- Analyzing how consumers interact with devices, content and media, then developing stories based on the motivation behind those behaviors to reveal what value a brand needs to provide to move people
- Envisioning and designing orchestrated systems of brand communications; partnering with media planners and creative teams to bring modern media architectures to life
- Building senior-level client relationships; providing guidance on their competitive threats and evolving consumer behaviors to guide their teams toward the next generation of holistic brand experience solutions that drive business impact
- Managing the development of the team; inspiring and leading direct reports and extended partner, and guiding the quality of agency output and its impact
This pivotal role requires a depth of expertise (12-14 years; min 4-year college degree, Masters preferred), including a track record of impactful work experience and professional ingenuity – which means you are:
- A digital media-savvy marketer and passionate problem-solver with the unstoppable drive to inspire teams and bring the best work to life, based on your expertise with omni-channel media orchestration
- A strong analytical thinker and translator with exceptional research dexterity, including several years of experience with media-centric tools such as Comscore, MRI, Google Analytics, to uncover the data and insights that drives strategic communications planning and implementation
- A creative provocateur and persuasive storyteller who is endlessly curious and questioning with a keen ability to shift perspective as well as illuminate powerful insights and creative potential through data and narrative
- A proven leader and relationship builder who can provide both an authoritative presence with executive-level clients while fostering partnership and collaboration with all levels of the agency and its partners that will drive growth
- An approachable manager with a strong history of team oversight and talent development; known for an ability to coach and grow talent, providing vision and bringing people along
- An all-around seasoned professional with exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.