Associate Director, Data & Analysis
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
The Data & Analysis team uses data-driven insights to fuel strategic growth for clients. We believe that data should never exist in a vacuum; instead, it should be put to work to bring the best ideas and stories to our clients.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Associate Director, Data & Analysis — someone who can lead strategic client growth, provide innovative data-driven solutions to marketing challenges, and motivate internal teams to bring marketing ideas to life. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As an Associate Director, you’ll guide teams in driving strategic data-driven growth. You’ll work to surpass client goals through brand campaigns, acquisition campaigns, site optimization, and/or online testing strategy.
This is an opportunity for a seasoned professional who is skilled in developing and implementing actionable insights on behalf of dynamic, energizing clients. This particular account runs at a fast-pace and has high visibility, serving as a key member of an integrated account team with direct exposure to senior level clients and agency partners.
S/he will be responsible for generating actionable insights for the client's businesses, applying research, data and analytics techniques and outputs with a focus on storytelling and data visualization to address key business questions. This position requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with organization, collaboration, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, and ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal direction. The individual must demonstrate strong command of both traditional and digital media principles, and encompass the ability to make complex topics relatable.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Drive day-to-day research efforts while contributing to larger cross-brand learning roadmaps
- Lead response to client questions, creating client-ready presentations and presenting at meetings with VP/Directors, Demand Generation teams and clients / partners across various disciplines
- Lead agency collaboration on client MMM work including coordinating data collection and supporting interpretation & application of the results
- Responsible for the overall application of agency tools to define category, consumer, brand and competitive landscapes, continually educating internal and external partners on ways to leverage them
- Synthesize client data, syndicated data, agency and industry knowledge to communicate opportunities, learnings and recommendations with authority and credibility
- Apply insights toward media & communications plans working closely with Strategy teams
- Support measurement execution focused on brand health, consumer behavior and advertising, media & partnership effectiveness
- Evaluate new and current data partners and new approaches to ensure agency solutions are cutting edge
- Collaborate with client and vendor research, insights and analytics teams to understand gaps, contributing to strategic learning agendas on answering business goals and challenges
- Proactively educate internal and external clients on research, tools and approaches
Execute, manage, and deliver best-in-class business and competitive intelligence & insight analysis and reporting to inform communication strategy
- Owns the pre-planning research deliverable for flagship campaigns, focusing in on competitive landscape, audience trends, brand needs that collectively provides the foundation for strategic planning
- Drives the team’s development of target audience profiles using mix of syndicated and client data and build alignment of audiences between client segmentation work, strategic media targets and addressable targeting
- Leads media, brand, and consumer research that yields unique insights to inform clients when budget setting on new product launches, integrating inputs across teams and partners into large scale presentations
- Provides always-on competitive analysis including recurring reports and ad hoc analyses, keeping a pulse on new approaches to competitive monitoring and how to leverage the best-in-class sources available
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7-9+ years in competitive, media, marketing research, consumer insights, business consulting, or digital advertising research/analytics/ insight
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business, journalism, statistics, or similar discipline preferred
- Requires excellent project management, organization, leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Strong grounding in traditional and digital media advertising effectiveness methods including ROI, preferably working knowledge of market mix model results
- Knowledge and interest in learning about the traditional and digital media research measurement vendor marketplace, with ability to identify and evaluate new capabilities across suppliers
- Knowledge of digital data technologies (DMPs, Google Analytics, digital pixel tracking, site tagging, etc.)
- Familiarity with syndicated and audience data tools, able to work with & share survey based data
- Experience with competitive reporting systems & interest in the competitive landscape of the technology marketplace
- A team player with proven ability to work well with others, acting both resourceful and collaborative
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, hardworking and dedicated; commitment to continual learning & a curious mindset
- Proven aptitude to be analytical and detail oriented
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.