SVP, Connections Strategy
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to create advertising campaigns and media experiences that bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Strategy at Digitas is a multi-disciplinary team comprising Creative, Social, Experience and Connections Strategy experts, unified in an ambition to inspire ideas that move people.
To further accelerate this ambition, we are looking for an outstanding Senior Vice President, Connections Strategy – someone who champions a modern approach to connected experiences for brands; who understands consumer behavior and context, and architects and orchestrates strategic communications to define how brands connect to people in a digital world.
While our Creative Strategy team inspires and refines the voice of a brand, the Connections Strategy team ultimately defines its expression – where and how it acts – providing a vision and guiding system for integrated and innovative campaigns.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As SVP, Connections Strategy, your comprehensive media thought-leadership and strategic marketing expertise will be essential to the continuous advancement of the agency's connections strategy practice.
Demonstrating an intimate understanding of how consumers interact with channels and technology, this pivotal role demands a focus on how to most effectively solve clients' business challenges through an orchestrated system of paid, owned and earned touchpoints that inspires connected creativity.
Day-to-day, your role will concentrate on elevating the integral role of connections strategy by evolving it from traditional communications planning into a well-understood, highly-regarded and innovative discipline, which includes:
- Driving agency thought-leadership; evolving and applying Digitas strategic approach to Connections, building our narrative and developing a toolkit for consistent application of the practice; serving as the voice of the department for current clients and new business prospects
- Cultivating exceptional senior-level client relationships by identifying their strategic brand challenges, competitive threats and evolving consumer behaviors, and anticipating unspoken concerns; guiding their organization toward the next generation of holistic brand experience solutions that drive business impact
- Championing the use of data to uncover unexpected insight; exploring new sources of consumer intelligence and brand understanding as fuel for strategy-setting
- Managing the growth and development of the agency team; inspiring and leading Connections strategists, guiding the quality of work and its impact across accounts
This pivotal role requires an outstanding breadth and depth of expertise (15+ years; min 4-year college degree, Masters preferred), including a track record of impactful work experience and professional ingenuity – which means you are:
- A digital and media-savvy marketer and passionate problem-solver with deep expertise in omni-channel marketing orchestration and an unstoppable drive to bring the best work to life
- A strategic thought leader with the discipline to step back from the noise in order to get to the behavioral insights that will incite successful connected campaigns
- A research guru who has command of what’s available from third party resources, what’s possible from qual- or quant-based exploration, and the vision to bring it all together
- A creative provocateur and persuasive storyteller who is endlessly curious, with a keen ability to shift perspective and illuminate powerful insights and creative potential through data and narrative
- A proven leader and relationship builder with an authoritative presence and confident communication style with executive-level clients; easily accessible to all levels of the agency and client organizations
- A skilled manager with a strong history of team oversight and talent development - known for an ability to coach and grow talent, provide constructive feedback in the moment, inspire and drive change, and assemble varied groups for advantageous collaboration
- An accomplished professional with exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.