Supervisor, Paid Social
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
As social media continues to take a greater share of consumers’ time, and ad spend is increasing rapidly, so is Digitas world class team of paid social specialists. You’ll be part of a team that’s keeping a pulse on the constantly evolving social media landscape, where new features and advertising opportunities are popping up daily.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Media Supervisor, Paid Social – someone who has who has a passion in equal parts for both data & analytics and the world of social media. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for working across all social platforms to plan, implement, manage and optimize data-driven campaigns. Additionally, this role works closely with the national Paid Social practice to constantly track the market, evaluate new opportunities, create training materials, and vet new social/messaging Platforms and API Partners (PMDs/FMPs).
As Media Supervisor, Paid Social, you’ll manage a team of direct reports that are implementing our clients’ paid social activities, while also getting your hands dirty ensuring flawless execution and inspiring strategy.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Overseeing development of paid social media program strategies and analysis for clients, collaborating closely with other Media practices, Account, Creative, Social Strategy and Measurement teams to ensure that work is strategically aligned and on brief
- Expertly guiding and managing relationships between teams and clients to consistently deliver high-quality, inspiring work and grow our business
- Partner with Media Planning, Social Strategy, and Strategy & Analytics groups to understand the role of paid social within the larger paid media campaign, as well as the organic social strategy.
- Flawlessly run paid media in API partner platforms and directly in social platforms. Responsible for QA’ing campaign setup and trafficking.
- Stay up to date on new ad products and technology advancements, understanding how to translate them to deliver on business goals and how they work with your media plan.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the capabilities of API partners and be able to test and apply them to client/campaign objectives. Foster strong relationships with current platform partners to help influence product roadmaps based on specific client needs.
- Partner with Strategy & Analytics team to use real-time data, testing, and campaign learnings to effectively optimize and manage campaigns.
- Leverage planning and forecasting tools within platforms to inform budgets, bid strategies, and target audiences.
- Work flexible hours to adapt to the real-time nature of the social space. Be available “on call” during non-business hours for posting and optimizing as needed.
- Participate in the training of junior team members as needed.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Superior collaboration and teamwork skills; experience working with cross-functional teams
- Effective at project management and ability to re-prioritize while operating within a fast paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to think on your feet, present to clients, and talk knowledgeably about the role of social media
- Understanding of fundamental media metrics and calculations (CTR, CPC, CPM, CPA)
- Positive attitude and able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3-5+ years of experience in media planning/buying or ad operations preferred
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working in self-service capacity within social platforms. Ideally, candidate will have experience working in both API partner UIs (ex. Brand Networks, 4C, Kinetic Social), as well as in Facebook/Instagram, Twitter and or LinkedIn Platforms.
- 1+ years of team management experience
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.