Vice President / Group Director, Experience Strategy
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to create brand experiences, advertising campaigns and media experiences that bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Strategy at Digitas is a multi-disciplinary team of Creative, Social, Experience and Connections Strategy experts, unified by a shared ambition to inspire ideas that move people.
To further accelerate this ambition, we are looking for an outstanding Vice President / Group Director, Experience Strategy – someone who champions a progressive approach to what’s possible with digital experiences and the experiences brands should aspire to provide for consumers in a digital world.
While our Creative Strategy team inspires and refines the voice of a brand, the Experience Strategy team ultimately defines what it should do – the experience it needs to provide people, the problem it will solve – creating a holistic vision and integrated guiding system for a brands’ digital-centric products and services.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As VP/Group Director, Experience Strategy, your comprehensive digital strategy and deep consumer experience expertise will be essential to providing strategic leadership across key client engagements – helping to keep Digitas at the forefront of industry thinking.
Demonstrating an intimate understanding of consumer behavior, motivation and interaction with platforms and technology, you’ll focus on how to most effectively solve clients’ business challenges through the development of future-looking experience systems.
Day-to-day, your role will concentrate on guiding strategy across key accounts – helping clients navigate the digital world, understand implications for their business models and reimagine their brands’ interaction with consumers, which includes:
- Providing thought-leadership for the discipline; helping to shape and apply Digitas approach to Experience Strategy, inspiring ideas and ensuring consistent use across all engagements
- Partnering with Experience Design and technology experts to inspire, envision and prototype next generation experiences by running workshops, ideation sessions and consumer journey mapping
- Building exceptional client relationships; helping to identify their strategic brand challenges, providing input on competitive threats and evolving consumer behaviors, and guiding their organization toward the next generation of experience solutions that drive business impact
- Leading the identification of digital trends and helping to build digital product and service business cases to validate commercial viability
- Championing the use of data – innovating with data-scientists to understand behaviors and uncover unexpected insight as fuel for strategy setting
- Managing the growth and development of the agency team; inspiring and leading Experience strategists, guiding the quality of work and its impact across accounts
- Participating in or leading new business efforts and representing Digitas at industry events; advocating for the agency POV and providing original thinking that helps attract and grow our client roster
This critically important role requires a depth of expertise (12-14 years; min 4-year college degree, Masters preferred), including a track record of impactful work experience and professional ingenuity – which means you are:
- A digital experience-savvy marketer and passionate problem-solver with deep expertise in consumer experience creation, and an unstoppable drive to bring the best work to life
- A system-thinker with a strong background or practiced expertise in service design and innovative UX methods, who is comfortable navigating the mobile technology landscape and emerging platforms
- A strong analytical mind who can conduct validation-usability studies and is comfortable in a fast-paced agile design process, translating data to insights and providing clarity to teams for execution and implementation
- A creative provocateur and persuasive storyteller who is endlessly curious, with a keen ability to shift perspective and illuminate powerful insights and creative potential through data and narrative
- A proven leader and relationship builder who can provide an authoritative POV with senior-level clients, while fostering partnership and collaboration with all levels of the agency and its partners to drive growth
- An approachable manager with a history of team oversight and talent development; known for an ability to coach and grow talent, providing vision and bringing people along
- An accomplished professional with exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.