Senior Analyst, Search Engine Optimization
We’re searching for a Senior Analyst of Search Engine Optimization to join our successful and growing SEO team. The primary responsibilities of the Senior Analyst are to execute our strategic SEO vision and integrate within internal/client design & development teams. We employ a unique philosophy which begins with understanding consumer’s search behavior, analyzing competitors and leveraging those data points to inform our client’s content strategies. The execution of this philosophy is essential to driving success for our clients and growing their business. At Digitas you will have the opportunity to drive SEO performance as an integral part of a growing SEO team, with direct access to industry-leading experts in tech, creative, social and user experience to help shape and integrate SEO best practices into the overall client strategy for maximum ROI.
High-level tasks and responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with SEO team management to develop SEO strategies to drive client success throughout enterprise-level site redesign and CMS migration process
- Conducting deep dives into Search linguistics to determine consumer behavior in the automotive industry
- Working with SEO team management to develop optimization recommendations and execute on all phases of the process through delivery of assets
- Working with internal content and creative teams to implement SEO strategies and best practices for content taxonomies, information architecture, component/asset nomenclature, design and migration strategies
- Working closely with technical/development teams to implement technical and information architecture SEO best practices for CMS optimization
- Collaborating with social team to execute content amplification through social and blogs
- Working with various teams to develop SEO strategies for enterprise clients including, but not limited to, local and mobile search strategies, paid media/SEO integration, digital asset optimization, social media and amplification best practices
- Managing account activities such as tracking platform assessment, account set up, developing and maintaining project plans, goal setting and reporting
- Collaborating with various capabilities to identify content for both on-site and social distribution based on consumer search demand
- Acting as a go-to resource for SEO expertise for various capabilities within Digitas
- Closely monitoring client performance activity, working with analytics resources to identify trends, areas of concern and potential opportunities.
- Communicating with account managers and clients regarding explanations of SEO strategies, tactics, deliverables and performance issues
- Staying on top of the latest search industry trends, from detailed tactics to over-arching concepts, communicating the application, potential impact and opportunity to clients and internal marketing teams
- Utilizing industry performance tracking and analysis tools such as SEMRush, Moz, BrightEdge, Conductor, Botify, various crawlers, XML sitemap generators and others.
To qualify, you’ll need:
- 2-4 years of agency SEO experience working with Fortune 500 brands
- Experience in working with cross functional teams or large-scale software development lifecycles
- The desire to gain experience working on Fortune 500 brand accounts
- 3-4 year college degree in marketing, computer science, or related field
- Problem solving skills and strategic thinking, ability to troubleshoot performance based on data and industry knowledge
- To be a strong team player with the ability to work across multiple internal and external teams
- An understanding of how to analyze data and report findings to client
- Web site migration and redesign experience
- Practical experience optimizing and socializing user centered design processes and principles
- The ability to diagnose and communicate a reason for rank and traffic fluctuations
- A desire to keep up with industry trends and educate junior members of the Search team, as well as cross-capability resources at all levels, of best practices and how they impact specific aspects of each client project
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously when needed
- To be able to make decisions in a fast paced environment based on client priorities
- Proven ability to communicate complicated SEO elements in a simplified manner to internal and external resources new to SEO
- Experience building client-facing presentations in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Must be highly detail orientated and organized
- Basic understanding of AJAX, Flash, HTML5 on a website in relation to the limitations/technical issues for SEO.
- Proven ability to communicate the issues and limitations within the source code is a plus
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.