Planner, Paid Social
DigitasLBi is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
As social media continues to take a greater share of consumers’ time, and ad spend is increasing rapidly, so is Digitas’ world class team of paid social specialists. You’ll be part of a team that’s keeping a pulse on the constantly evolving social media landscape, where new features and advertising opportunities are popping up daily.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Planner, Paid Social – someone who has who has a passion in equal parts for both data & analytics and the world of social media. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for working across all social platforms to plan, implement, manage, pace and optimize data-driven campaigns. This role works closely with the larger Social practice to constantly track the market, evaluate new opportunities, create training materials, and vet new social Platforms and Partners.
As Planner, Paid Social, you’ll manage our clients’ paid social activities, from planning to implementation and reporting.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Serve as a member of the cross-functional team to understand goals and translate them into a paid social media activations across all platforms and devices.
- Partner with Media Planning, Social Strategy, and Analytics groups to understand the role of paid social within the larger paid media campaign, as well as the organic social strategy.
- Flawlessly execute paid social media directly within social platform’s respective business manager tools.
- Responsible for campaign setup, trafficking, ongoing optimization, daily pacing, and reporting that meets and exceeds client goals.
- Stay up-to-date on new ad products and technology advancements, understanding how to translate them to deliver on business goals and how they work with your media plan.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the capabilities of social partners and be able to test and apply them to client/campaign objectives.
- Foster strong relationships with current platform partners to help influence product roadmaps based on specific client needs.
- Partner with Strategy & Analytics teams to use real-time data, testing, and campaign learnings to effectively optimize and manage campaigns. Collect insights to share back with internal and client teams.
- Leverage planning and forecasting tools within platforms to inform budgets, bid strategies, and target audiences.
- Produce clear communication for internal teams and directly to clients regarding campaign performance, recommendations and expected deliverables.
- Work flexible hours to adapt to the real-time nature of the social space. Be available “on call” during non-business hours for posting and optimizing as needed.
- Participate in the training of junior team members as needed.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Superior collaboration and teamwork skills
- Effective at project management and ability to re-prioritize while operating within a fast paced environment, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to think on your feet, present to clients, and talk knowledgeably about the role of social media
- Understanding of fundamental media metrics and calculations (CTR, CPC, CPM, CPA)
- Positive attitude and able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 1-3 years of experience in paid social media
- 1+ years of hands-on experience working in self-service capacity within social platforms. Ideally, candidate will have experience working in both API partner UIs (ex. Brand Networks, 4C, Kinetic Social), as well as in Facebook/Instagram, Twitter and or LinkedIn Platforms.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
We’ve got 40 offices in 25 countries, each one helping to upend and redefine the landscape of strategy, creativity, media and technology. We’re pumped about the accolades we’ve earned – such as Titanium Lions, Gold Pencils and making LinkedIn’s Most InDemand Employer List of 2014 – but what energizes us most is the people we work with, the clients we work for and the never-ending challenge that confronts us: Producing amazing creative, day after day.
On top of great values, great people and great clients, we’ve also got tons of perks that we’re proud to offer – things like flex vacation days, tuition reimbursement, gym membership discounts and anniversary gifts for the many people who’ve been with us 5, 10, 15, 20 years and more. And while we celebrate the people who’ve stuck by us and shaped us into the creative force that we are today, we’re always looking for great new talent help us grow even stronger. If that’s you, well, come join us.
DigitasLBi is an equal opportunity employer.