Vice President/Director, Paid Social
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
As social media continues to take a greater share of consumers’ time, and ad spend is increasing rapidly, so is Digitas world class team of paid social specialists. You’ll be part of a team that’s keeping a pulse on the constantly evolving social media landscape, where new features and advertising opportunities are popping up daily. This role works closely with the national Paid Social practice to constantly track the market, evaluate new opportunities, create training materials, and vet new social/messaging Platforms and API Partners (PMDs/FMPs).
You’ll take ownership and direct responsibility for management within the Paid Social practice on key accounts, leading strategy development, project negotiation, implementation, and performance analysis.
What you’ll do:
As a Vice President/Director, Paid Social, you’ll manage direct reports in your region, ensuring all clients are provided excellent service and award-winning strategies.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Translating brand marketing objectives into succinct paid social strategies that impress and excite our clients, and transforming marketing challenges with cutting-edge executions
- Proactive in developing social media expertise within the marketing and media industry, and helping to develop the paid social capabilities within the agency
- Playing a key role in spotting issues with core client teams and in developing new client relationships
- Ensure best practice and innovation in all activities; fostering knowledge sharing across capabilities and teams
- Maintaining and improving the success of social media platform relationships (client-specific and agency-wide)
- Astutely identifying broader opportunities for Digitas (creative and other services) and articulating opportunities to senior leadership in a timely, relevant manner
- Effectively and enthusiastically representing Digitas – you’ll be the face of our company, the person whom staff and clients alike look up to
- Participate in the training of junior team members as needed.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Bachelors degree plus 10 to 12 years of advertising experience, including at least three years of hands-on paid social experience and five years of supervisory experience
- An exceptional grasp on media planning, negotiation, optimization, and performance analysis and an impressive understanding of the whole digital environment – you know this world by heart and you keep pulse with the rapid changes happening within it
- Experience managing large scale Paid Social Campaigns, inclusive of Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, and emerging platforms – both tactically and strategically. You get the role of paid, owned, and earned social strategies, and how they work together. You know how to flex your media plan depending on your clients’ goals and objectives, and you’ve got the awards to prove it
- Stellar communication skills: You’re articulate, poised, straightforward – and, above all, you’re thoughtful & kind
- Strong project management and performance management skills – you are crystal clear when it comes to delegating and providing feedback
- Knowledge of qualitative measurement approaches – online and offline – and how/when to apply them so that we deliver measurable successes
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- A willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.