Manager – Marketing and Corporate Communications
Become a Manager of Marketing and Corporate Communications at Digitas, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape. We’re looking for a Manager of Corporate Communications who will work with the lead of corporate communications, the manager will partner in the development and execution of communications initiatives to support the capability and agency goals. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide communications counsel and support to business and functional leaders, with the goal of improving the internal and external brand and reputation of the company
- Develop innovative, strategic and creative solutions to communication challenges to ensure key messages are effectively shared with appropriate external and internal audiences
- Write and edit materials for communicating with media, employees and other key audiences regarding news, issues management
- Assist with coordination of global media and public relations activities including: liaison of global Digitas communications network; and, Publicis Groupe communication requests.
- Lead agency submission process for end of year trade publication evaluations with guidance from head of communications
- Partner with U.S. office and HR leads to support local efforts with press releases, media and conference opportunities
- Drive monthly report of communications activities and effectiveness, and competitive reporting
- Manage communications vendors as needed including contract review, negotiations and renewals
- Manage corporate communications budget with assistance from communications associate
- Supervise and mentor communications associate. Ensure the associate has aggressive goals and professional developmental plans
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year degree
- 5 years of experience
- Experience working with a PR agency partner or working within a PR agency environment
- The ability to think and act both strategically and tactically is critical to the success of the role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a passion for editorial and grammatical excellence
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects; and, adjust priorities in a fast-moving business environment
- Strong ability to clearly articulate problems and present with a proposed solution; ability managing expectations
- Ability to assist in the creation of compelling messaging and content through understanding the multiple faucets of a integrated brand agency
- Internal client management and collaboration with the ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships a must
- An understanding of newer communication mediums, such as forums and blogs, and experience utilizing them effectively in communications programs is required.
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.