Manager – Marketing and Corporate Communications
Become a Manager of Marketing and Corporate Communications at Digitas, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
The Corporate Communications team combines data-driven insights, modern marketing and measurement tools, and a healthy dose of spirited storytelling to promote and protect Digitas’ brand proposition as The Connected Marketing Agency.
To help with this, we’re looking for an enthusiastic Manager of Corporate Communications—someone with experience developing and executing internal and external communications that build brand recognition. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do - As a Manager, you will:
- Create and execute strategic internal and external communication plans that creatively advance Digitas’ reputation and business objectives.
- Identify and drive creative news-making opportunities that promote awareness of company initiatives and milestones, inspire favorable press coverage, and serve as a vehicle to retain and attract talent.
- Write and edit high-level materials for communicating with media, employees, and other key audiences.
- Assist in crisis communications, interview management, and executive speaker prep.
- Have, build, and expand reporter relationships with existing and emerging media, including top-tier advertising, marketing, and business press.
- Utilize modern methods of connecting and pitching to drive media placements and secure thought leadership opportunities.
- Lead award submissions, including end of year trade publication evaluations with guidance from senior communications leaders.
- Develop monthly report of communications activities and effectiveness, including competitive reporting.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest email marketing platforms and media monitoring and measurement tools; manage and own existing vendors including contract review, negotiations and renewals.
- Assist with PublicisMedia and Publicis Groupe communication requests as needed.
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Four-year degree
- 4 - 5 years of PR &/or corporate communications experience, experience in advertising a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a natural storyteller with persuasive writing skills and a passion for editorial and grammatical excellence
- The ability to create effective communications strategies and compelling messaging to connect with internal and external audiences
- Strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple projects and prioritize in a fast-moving business environment
- Outstanding judgment and decision-making skills
- A proven track-record of securing press coverage in top-tier business and trade press
- A keen understanding of the agency’s vision and the ability to creatively convey that vision throughout all communications
- Ability to think creatively and generate unexpected and bold ideas
- Expertise in clearly articulating problems, providing a recommended solution, and managing expectations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and understanding of all major platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you. Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.