LEAD FRONT-END DEVELOPER
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Paving the way for this is our amazing Technology capability, dedicated to transforming the marketing landscape. The Technology capability collaborates with other capabilities within Digitas such as Strategy, Experience Design, Data science, Project Management, and Account as well as client business and technology representatives to bring cutting edge digital products and campaigns to life.
To help with this, we’re looking for an outstanding Lead Front-End Developer – a passionate coder and born collaborator who can apply their expert skills to create world-class web solutions. Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As a Lead Front-end Developer, you’ll work closely with cross-disciplinary teams to create world-class web experiences and ensure top-notch, end-to-end solutions.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Devising modern and maintainable technical solutions against business requirements – and writing high quality code
- Staying up-to-date on emerging technologies and techniques – leading by example in implementing this in your work
- Serving as a thought leader and recognized subject matter expert within your field
- Defining technology standards and setting the technical direction for the team
- Ensuring that all team members are adhering to technology quality standards
- Orchestrating code reviews and strategically delegating tasks to junior team members
- Moving your development team forward and operating effectively in ambiguous situations
- Actively mentoring junior team members in areas of code quality, risk mitigation, and time management
- Assuming a visible role in cultivating a healthy engineering culture
- Keying in on big-picture business objectives and crafting appropriate technical solutions
- Helping client teams navigate trade-offs associated with alternate technical approaches
- Ensuring that all web experiences created by the team are performant, secure, and accessible
- Playing a leadership role in helping to scope, shape, plan, and execute a project
- Partnering with other capabilities to drive process improvements
- Writing technical documentation and specifications to be shared internally or with clients
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- At least seven years of web development experience
- Intellectual curiosity, passion, inventiveness, and a desire to learn and grow.
- Innate understanding of usability and visual design
- Mastery of modern front-end frameworks, libraries, build tools, and responsive web design techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Deep understanding of Accessibility, Performance and Security standards best practices – with practical experience working to implement them on projects
- Extensive experience implementing different analytics solutions in web sites
- Positive attitude towards both work and people
- Motivation to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks for the team, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with at least one content management system and a thorough understanding of the principles of content management
- Proficiency designing a robust and maintainable UI architecture
- Experience managing small teams of developers
- Understanding how data is exchanged between application layers
- Knowledge of data structures and ability to derive them from product requirements. Understanding of persistent data solutions such as relational and non-relational databases
- Skilled in conveying technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is The Connected Marketing Agency, committed to helping brands better connect with people through Truth. Connection. Wonder. With diverse expertise in data, strategy, creative, media, and tech, we work across capabilities and continents to make better connections and achieve ambitious outcomes through ideas that excite, provoke and inspire. Curious and fully transparent, we are always examining real human behavior to create authentic connections—between brands and consumers, clients and partners, and ideas and outcomes. Digitas has 3,500 employees across 21 countries and 34 offices, with an extended network via Publicis Media of over 23,500 employees present in more than 100 countries worldwide. To connect with Digitas or learn more, visit www.digitas.com