Associate Director – Data & Analysis (Strategic Business Insights)
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
This role puts you at the heart of an innovative new way of working within Publicis Groupe. Championed at the highest level and on one of the most exciting and forward thinking pieces of business, you will be part of the pioneering ‘One Team Samsung’. This team is made up of the best of Starcom, Digitas, Performics and Sapient Razorfish people. You’ll get unique and rounded exposure to a range of marketing issues and be able to learn every day. It does require a fast thinking, highly collaborative, positive energy but will be very rewarding for the right person.
Our people are transformational, dynamic, relentless and fearless experts. We seek out and develop these attributes in our talent and put these qualities to work for our clients.
The Associate Director, Competitive is a new role on the Strategic Business Insights team. Reporting into the VP, Group Director, the person in this role will lead the charge in the strategic application of competitive data, moving beyond reporting into deeper analyses that uncover new opportunities for our client. This is an opportunity for a seasoned professional who is skilled in developing and implementing actionable insights from multiple competitive sources on behalf of dynamic, energizing clients.
This position requires both strategic and tactical skill sets including organization, collaboration, attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, and ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal direction. The individual must demonstrate strong command of both traditional and digital media principles, and encompass the ability to make complex topics relatable.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
Execute, manage, and deliver best-in-class business and competitive intelligence & insight analysis and reporting to inform communication strategy.
Day-to-day, your role includes:
- Lead response to client questions, creating client-ready presentations and presenting at meetings with VP/Directors, Demand Generation teams and clients / partners across various disciplines
- Develop competitive best practices for ad hoc, scheduled, stand-alone and integrated deliverables across the full breadth of the client account
- The application of proprietary and third-party competitive tools that move beyond typical reporting of activity (the “what”) to develop the “why” and “how” of competitive strategy
- Evaluate new and current data partners and new approaches to ensure agency solutions are cutting edge
- Collaborate with client and vendor research, insights and analytics teams to understand gaps in competitive knowledge, contributing to strategic learning agendas on answering business goals and challenges
- Proactively educate internal and external clients on research, tools and approaches
- Assist other members of the Strategic Business Insights on other team work as needed
- Provide an always-on competitive analysis including recurring reports and ad hoc analyses, keeping a pulse on new approaches to competitive monitoring and how to leverage the best-in-class sources available
We’re looking for strong, impactful work experience, which typically includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in advertising, marketing, business, journalism, statistics, or similar discipline preferred
- 5+ years in media, marketing research, consumer insights, business consulting, or digital advertising research/analytics/ insight with 2+ years focusing on competitive
- Excellent project management, organization, leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Strong grounding in traditional and digital media advertising effectiveness methods including ROI, preferably working knowledge of market mix model results
- Experience with competitive reporting systems & interest in the competitive landscape of the technology marketplace
- Knowledge and interest in learning about the traditional and digital media research measurement vendor marketplace, with ability to identify and evaluate new capabilities across suppliers
- A team player with proven ability to work well with others, acting both resourceful and collaborative
- Proven aptitude to be analytical and detail oriented
- Self-motivated, hardworking and dedicated; commitment to continual learning & a curious mindset
- Familiarity with syndicated and audience data tools, able to work with & share survey based data
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.