Associate Director, Client Finance
Become an Associate Director at Digitas, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising campaigns for our clients. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape.
We’re looking for an Associate Director of Client Finance who can provide financial oversight and management for an extensive portfolio of clients, minimize exposure to negative profitability and cash flow and be involved in critical process improvement projects. You’ll be a key business partner and work closely with senior leadership to support client and regional finance requests. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Partner with relationship managers to influence positive financial management
- Supervise forecast submissions and monitor monthly close process
- Manage cash flow projections, account billing and receivables
- Mitigate financial risks and provide insight on financial implications of change
- Lead in development of career path for staffManage client and regional finance team meetings on financial metrics
- Appropriately represent and encourage growth within department
- Resolve issues with areas of potential negative financial exposure
- Provide thorough recommendations to solve business issues
- Review and analyze key financial metrics including profitability drivers
- Explain and translate financial reports to team members
- Exhibit judgment on when to evaluate issues and when to resolve independently
- Prioritize and streamline tasks to ensure accuracy
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year degree (Finance, Accounting Master’s degree preferred)
- 7-9 years of professional Finance or Accounting experience, including familiarity with the digital environment
- Supervisory experience with ability to create overall efficiency that benefits department and clients
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Advanced knowledge of financial reporting systems (Lawson, Business Objects, Crystal)
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts (debits/credits, revenue recognition, DSO calculation, cash vs. accrual based accounting)
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.