Vice President/Director – Corporate Communications and Analyst Relations- Freelance
Become a Director at Digitas, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape. We’re looking for a Vice President/Director of Corporate Communications who will manage the development and execution of communications initiatives to support the capability and agency goals. . It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- As Global Analyst Relations lead, this role would directly manage our engagements with the key Analyst organizations including Forrester, IDC and Gartner.
- Specifically, this individual would identify the key analyst relationships and the must-be-involved engagements including relevant Waves and Research and Assessments (Gartner Magic Quadrant)
- As lead Analyst point person on behalf of the agency, this individual would identify the opportunities, then create an engagement roadmap for successful placements/representation. – from content, to submissions to casting to staffing interviews.
- This includes an ongoing relations program in between large scale engagements.
- Help market/create content emerging from successful analyst engagements and/or satisfy/run pint on Analyst inquiries from interviews, to case studies, to research support.
- Promote strategic positioning of Digitas with employees, prospects, clients, media, and industry
- Drive social media strategy, engagement, and innovation
- Manage and execute strategic plan for press platform events, internal, and crisis communication
- Communications counsel, writer, and editor for C-Suite
- Develop innovative, strategic and creative solutions to communication challenges to ensure key messages are effectively shared with appropriate external and internal audiences
- Provide communications counsel and support to business and functional leaders, with the goal of improving the internal and external brand and reputation of the company
- Write and edit materials for communicating with media, employees and other key audiences regarding news, issues management
- Lead agency submission process for end of year trade publication evaluations with guidance from head of communications
- Partner with U.S. office and HR leads to support local efforts with press releases, media and conference opportunities
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year degree
- 10-12 years of corporate communications or PR agency equivalent required
- Experience working with a PR agency partner or working within a PR agency environment
- Ability to interact with and influence all levels of the organization
- Ability to look through many lenses (press, client, prospect, CEO) to guide strategic communications and planning
- The ability to think and act both strategically and tactically is critical to the success of the role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a passion for editorial and grammatical excellence
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects; and, adjust priorities in a fast-moving business environment
- Strong ability to clearly articulate problems and present with a proposed solution; ability managing expectations
- Internal client management and collaboration with the ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships a must
- An understanding of newer communication mediums, such as forums and blogs, and experience utilizing them effectively in communications programs is required
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.