Vice President, Director – Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling. Paving the way for this is our powerful Search Engine Optimization team, determined transform the marketing landscape. Right now, we’re looking for an outstanding Vice President, Director to lead the charge. Up for it? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As Vice President, Director of Search Engine Optimization, you’ll provide leadership and strategic vision to the search marketing team. You’ll build the agency’s search practice (SEM and SEO) to support aggressive revenue growth and take the Digitas brand to the next level of global recognition.
Day to day, your responsibilities will include:
- Directing long-term and short-term strategic marketing efforts to meet both market share and sales goals
- Helping to assess and pursue new business opportunities while maintaining the company’s existing strengths
- Keeping a firm pulse on changes to the marketplace and industry, adjusting marketing plans accordingly
- Developing a world-class search marketing team that will scale and thrive as the business grows
- Effectively using tools to automate and scale the business in an efficient, cost-effective manner
- Ensuring excellence and accuracy in all client deliverables and working with Managers/Directors to present them
- Developing or approving all scopes of work that include search engine optimization
- Collaborating with Delivery Managers on project timelines and with Staffing on resource needs
We’re looking for a top-notch Vice President, Director who is also a delight to work with, which usually includes:
- A four-year degree and at least 10 years of experience in a marketing management position with relevant SEO experience (Master’s degree, creative agency experience and international exposure are preferred)
- A clear, insightful vision for the future direction of the marketplace, with a track record of thought leadership
- Deep familiarity with the digital environment and an understanding of business from both market and P&L perspectives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills – and a knack for details
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills
- Stellar communication and presentation skills – you’re poised, articulate and convincing
- Willingness to travel as needed – you’re open to new places, new faces and new ideas
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.