VP/Group Director, Research
Digitas is a highly-caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to create advertising campaigns and media experiences that bring bold, award-winning ideas to life.
Strategy at Digitas is a multi-disciplinary team of Creative, Social, Experience and Connections Strategy experts, unified by a shared ambition to inspire ideas that move people.
To further accelerate this ambition, we are looking for an outstanding VP/Group Director, Research – someone who champions a modern approach to ‘market research’ and who can identify innovative methodologies, lead imaginative research initiatives and craft compelling research finding stories that provide novel and transformative insight and clear strategic recommendations to agency and brand executives to help solve complex marketing problems, while also generating buzz in the overall industry.
Sound like you? Read on.
What you’ll do:
As VP/Group Director, Research, your comprehensive qualitative and quantitative research and marketing expertise will be essential to the continuous advancement of our Research discipline – providing cultural and consumer intelligence leadership while positioning Digitas at the forefront of industry thinking.
Demonstrating an intimate understanding of consumers’ attitudes, motivations, channel and technology behaviors, you’ll focus on how to most effectively and efficiently derive forward-looking insight to inspire connected creativity that addresses both current and future business challenges for clients and prospects across a diverse range of categories and consumers.
Day-to-day, your role will concentrate on elevating the discipline from a traditional ‘market research’ focus to a hub of imaginative intelligence services fueled by a range of ever-evolving research methodologies with a focus on consumer-centric learning and insight – helping agency and brand clients truly understand their consumers both today and tomorrow, which includes:
- Building and growing Digitas research intelligence capabilities to offer a variety of innovative solutions for our client’s brand and communications challenges while building the agency’s reputation for great insight work
- Putting the consumer and strategic thinking at the heart of research initiatives while cultivating exceptional senior-level agency and client relationships by proactively identifying strategic research opportunities to evolve cultural and consumer understanding that opens up new creative and connection opportunities for brands
- Leading consumer-centric research opportunities to inspire new business initiatives and inspire potential new clients by helping strategy teams to more imaginatively bring the voice of the consumer and human truths to the forefront
- Developing imaginative and high level strategic de-briefs with clarity, rigor and inspiration while avoiding traditional research reporting share-out approaches
- Moderating and facilitating various types of qualitative research approaches to drive agility into cultural and consumer intelligence gathering and application
- Driving agency thought-leadership; serving as the agency’s voice on research at industry events and in the development of proprietary research studies and exploration of beta testing opportunities to bring the agency to the next level in research
- Building the agency’s research narrative and developing a toolkit to drive awareness, education and application of various research methodologies, resourced tools and partnerships
- Working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to share expertise and learnings in order to develop clear strategies rooted in the right combination of qualitative and quantitative knowledge that leads to the creation of the best possible solutions for internal and external clients
- Championing the use of data; partnering with data-scientists to understand behaviors and uncover unexpected insight that inspire bold brand ideas
- Managing the development of the team; inspiring and leading direct reports and extended partners, and guiding the quality of agency output and its impact
This pivotal role requires a depth of expertise (12-14 years; min 4-year college degree, Masters preferred), including a track record of impactful work experience and professional ingenuity – which means you are:
- A digital media-savvy marketer and passionate problem-solver with the unstoppable drive to inspire teams and bring the best work to life, based on your rich expertise in qualitative and quantitative research across a variety of categories and consumer segments
- A strong analytical thinker and translator with exceptional research dexterity to uncover the data, intelligence and fertile insight territories that support strategy teams in the drive to successful strategic communications planning and implementation
- A provocative moderator across a broad range of qualitative methodologies, topics and sectors
- A creative provocateur who is endlessly curious and questioning with a keen ability to translate transformative insights into a compelling story that shifts perspective and illuminates powerful insights and creative potential through data and narrative
- A proven leader and relationship builder who can provide both an authoritative presence with executive-level clients while fostering partnership and collaboration with all levels of the agency and its partners that will drive growth
- An approachable manager with a strong history of team oversight and talent development; known for an ability to coach and grow talent, providing vision and bringing people along
- An all-around seasoned professional with exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.