Vice President/Group Director – New Business
Become a Creative at Digitas, a highly caffeinated playground where brilliant minds come together to make bold, award-winning advertising. We use data-driven insights to guide our work, but we also believe in a healthy dose of spirited storytelling as we strive to transform the marketing landscape. We’re looking for a Vice President/Group Director of New Business who can work with the leadership team to network, position and market Digitas to targeted agency prospects.. It’s not a small or easy task, but it’s a fun and rewarding one. If you think you’re up for it, read on.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
Program Development and Execution:
- Leads and manage multiple client prospect relationships, serving as the primary contact to articulate the Digitas view on the marketplace and brand position
- Develop ideas for target prospects that aligns with their business, customer and brand goals
- Manages expectations, pushing back when necessary
- Part of core team that owns and communicates to the extended internal team, the pitch opportunity
- Oversees all deliverables from the extended internal team to ensure prospective clients' expectations are being met – highlight issues when necessary
- Keeps EVP apprised of any issues with prospective client i.e. missed deadlines, strategy issues, etc.
- Aligns pitches appropriately with the right staff – ensure the capability mix is correct and that the marketing team is leveled appropriately to deliver
- Ensures team delivers high quality work on strategy, and on time
- Understands fully the prospective client’s business including:
- Economic levers
- Customer needs
- Develops people within the team and across capabilities by coaching, identifying areas for growth, celebrating successes, managing promotion process, keeping an open dialogue with the team, identifying training opportunities
- Leads Managers or ADs on the team by providing guidance, establishing goals and providing an appropriate level of feedback on a regular basis
- Establishes and grows relationships across capabilities
To qualify, you’ll need:
- Four year degree
- 12-14 years experience of selling within/into the advertising industry at an executive level
- A track record of documented sales success
- Understanding of large agency environments strongly preferred
- Understanding of the advertising, marketing and digital agency landscape
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong client management skills
- Strong analytic and strategic abilities
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Got what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Digitas is an equal opportunity employer.